I could equally well have titled this post “Encouragement”. Thank you so much https://hogriderdookes.wordpress.com for the nomination. It has given me the push I need to power on through this still-fresh, often confusing new world of blogging.
I love awards! These are the rules that go with this one:
1. Display the Liebster award on your blog.
2. Thank and link back to your nominator.
3. Answer the nominator’s 11 questions.
4. Nominate 11 other bloggers with about 200 or fewer followers and link to them.
5. Draft 11 new questions for your nominees.
6. Notify your nominees via their blogs or social media.
1. How do you feel about getting nominated for the Liebster Award?
Totally chuffed! And it’s a great idea, giving new bloggers encouragement and promoting our blogs to a wider readership.
2. What made you start blogging?
My friend Sarah at http://www.sarahsemyanik.com/diaryinvisible/ was my inspiration.
There’s a bit more to the story but I find I’ve explained it fairly well at another site that didn’t get off the ground: https://sandydunne.wordpress.com
3. Where is your favourite place in the world?
In bed beside my husband,
Wherever the air is fresh and unpolluted, where the sounds are of nature or beautiful music, where there is something to read and something to write on, with people I love, and clean, swimmable water nearby.
4. Bungee jump or surfing?
Surfing. But I don’t really need the fear of either.
5. If you could go back in time and do something different in your life, what would that be?
Accept that offer to crew on Glide, from Florida through the Panama Canal to California. Damn!
6. Where will your next holiday/vacation destination be?
I plan to go to Rwanda next month.
7. Dogs or Cats?
I love them both. But if there are birds around, a dog is better.
8. Tell us about your favourite food!
The humble egg is my Prince of Foods. Versatile, nutritious and totally delicious. Poached, fried, soft-boiled with soldiers, scrambled, omeletted, quiched and French toasted. Nothing beats a hard-boiled egg or two when you’re travelling, – it comes in its own hygienic, biodegradable wrapping (as do bananas which run a close second) and can be eaten on bumpy buses and wild seas. But only from happy hens, not the poor caged birds who are victims of an industrial farming practice that should be outlawed everywhere.
9. What is your perfect day?
One where I am kind to someone, don’t offend anyone, feel I have achieved something and still have time to ponder.
10. Who would be your dream dinner companion?
Whew, that’s a hard one. There are so many people I would like to have dinner with, – for the conversation. For example: Martha Gellhorn, war journalist (also Ernest Hemingway’s fourth wife – she survived that too!). Anais Nin. Or Doris Lessing. I seem to be leaning towards great female writers, and I’m assuming their conversation would in some way reflect their writing. Doris Lessing may be an exception, judging from her candid reception of the Nobel Prize for Literature. http://www.newyorker.com/books/page-turner/on-doris-lessing-and-not-saying-thank-you
I hope she would accept my admiration and share her wisdom with me.
11. Do these questions all seem very random to you too?
Yes! And now I have to think of 11 more! 🙂
Here are my nominations for the Liebster Award:
https://gurkykowsky.wordpress.com – Sculpture – everywhere and Anytime: Art (especially sculpture) and its conservation. Incredibly informative and well-researched. Beautifully presented, together with some quirky photography and thoughts.
http://thismelbournelife.com – A travel writer and photographer looks with fresh eyes at her hometown Melbourne
http://0htheplacesyoullgo.wordpress.com – A young, fresh travel blog by an international school teacher
http://60while60.wordpress.com – Accomplishing 60 things while 60. Gutsy and funny.
https://acoffeebreakwithmike.wordpress.com – a beautifully crafted blog with stunning photography and insightful comment, regular postings and clear presentation
http://evantart.com – inspiring paintings and photography
https://craftcrazygran.wordpress.com – beautiful photography, craft, nature, animals and family life
https://neomanu.wordpress.com – Margaret Miller showcases exquisite photos and textile work
https://talesofatravelingaggie.wordpress.com – Travel and life abroad, through a Peace Corp teacher’s eyes
http://thetjblog.com – young and bright, lovely photos and random thoughts, we share an African connection
https://minor6th.wordpress.com – beautiful photography and inspirational musings
New Questions (I apologise if your blog already contains the answers to some of these).
- How do you fit blogging into your life?
- Do you spend more time posting on your own blog or looking at other blogger’s material?
- Vegemite, Promite, or Marmite? (Careful, – this could be a trick question!) 🙂
- How have your friends and family reacted to your interest in blogging?
- If you had to spend a whole day inside a building, which one would it be?
- What gives you the most pleasure, – the journey or the destination?
- Where are you right now?
- Who are your heroes?
- Why do you blog?
- If you had to lose one of your senses, which would it be?
- Would you rather be a whale or a shark? (Definitely a trick question!) 🙂
Your blogs are awesome; I enjoy visiting and watching them develop. Happy blogging and keep in touch!